Position: Business Development – United States
Title: Vice President, Client Executive
Reporting Structure: SVP, Country Leader
Job Location: United States (Remote)
Role and Responsibilities
The primary role of the Vice President, Client Executive is a balanced hybrid between Business Development and Account Management, in North America to leverage the Xceedance brand in bringing in new clients, expanding existing assigned clients within the United States Property/Casualty industry. In addition this role would be working with other account managers to mentor them in their development. The individual will be responsible for developing new business for the company while responsible for those clients going forward and the existing clients assigned to him or her. Once successfully securing a client, the individual will continue their relationship focusing on expanding into other areas of the insurer.
The role includes selling, account planning, contract negotiations all focused on achieve of their annual targets for client base growth and revenue.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop relationships which drive sales opportunities focused on Xceedance’s offerings.
- Adhere to the strategic business development framework — as set by the CBO and which is part of an integrated processes, including use of companies sales tools and templates to manage prospects through various sales stages — from initial engagement to ongoing planning, execution, control and close of opportunities, as required including the use of SalesForce.
- Initiate and nurture business relationships with diverse Property/Casualty insurers/reinsurers/MGA’s/Agents/brokers — by uncovering the strategic needs and challenges of insurance organizations, developing and leveraging those relationships to provide solutions to optimize and solve customers’ business problems and challenges.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline by sourcing new opportunities for Xceedance through proactive networking, personal contact and other activities and communications.
- Identify key decision makers within prospect organizations and strategically connect with them to promote the services and products of Xceedance.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify, amplify and position Xceedance differentiators to drive positive sales outcomes.
- Lead discussions with compelling presentations to prospective clients, in conjunction with subject matter experts in support of your sales pursuit.
- Coordinate, prepare and submit proposals, RFPs and RFIs responses to prospects and clients.
- Mentor other Account Managers to grow their ability to break into other buying groups with account.
- Work with Country Leader to develop framework to successfully drive new upsell and cross sell within accounts.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and evangelize Xceedance
- Build relationships with clients based on trust and respect
- Collaborate with internal Xceedance capabilities to facilitate client requirements
- Act as a client advocate within Xceedance
- Coordinate and ensure SOW and MSA are current – ensure contract renewals are completed in time prior to expiry
- Facilitate any billing and invoice payment issues between client and Xceedance. Proactively flag any potential delays in invoicing and follow up with finance for any issues.
- Schedule and coordinate governance sessions
- Be single point of contact for client escalation
- Coordinate voice of customer / NPS surveys and action plans
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Required a MBA or equivalent preferred
- 20+ years of relevant work experience within the insurance sector, with a proven track record in business development.
- Detailed, practical understanding of insurance operations and in-depth knowledge of the various functional areas within diverse insurance organizations
- Established connections within insurer/reinsurer/broker/MGA markets, and at decision making levels of insurance organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with abilities and experience to close deals.
- Strong insurance acumen.
- A confident presenter and self-starter.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time with occasional international trip.
- Base salary
- Bonus & Commission Incentive Plan
- Full benefits package – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- Paid time off
Xceedance provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.