Reporting Structure: SVP- Underwriting Operations and Financial Services
Job Location: Worcester, MA
Role and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for leading the Operations team for North America Delivery Center based out of Worcester, MA. This includes managing the day-to-day operations of the team, managing client relations, P&L management, creation, and implementation of strategic and tactical goals for this team that align with Xceedance’s strategic goals. It also includes management of the day-to-day transactional work through multiple unit managers and leadership staff members. This position ensures effective communication, timely implementation and high quality delivery of contractually obligated service level agreements to our clients, as well as overseeing multiple internal and external projects. This position is directly responsible for creating a work environment where the managers and staff within Operations at Xceedance can excel in the development and delivery of ‘world class service that is focused on exceptional quality. This position requires an individual who is a strong and engaging ‘roll up the sleeves’ leader with experience running a sizable high- performance operational team.
Maintain stringent Standard Operating Procedures with effective change communication and ongoing maintenance.
Provide management to the Operations teams, including leadership, planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, and training and development of the department and staff. This management includes long term strategic planning and daily direction as needed for planned and unplanned events.
Ensure continuous improvement by identifying and implementing quality, efficiency and workflow changes within Operations
Evaluate and develop strategy and implement processes that allow the Operations team to balance an ongoing goal of building “world class customer service” with the short-term need to attain annual profitability goals.
Motivate employees to achieve excellence, be passionate about exceeding expectations, grow within the company and to maintain high business ethics.
Report operational proficiency to senior management with respect to meeting goals, SLAs, and resolving issues.
Represent Operations to all new possible clients. Host and coordinate on site visits and demonstrations. Collaborate with sales, finance, product development and professional services teams on all aspects of current and future performance related to new sales, contracts, implementation services, and product development to insure they are in sync with the capabilities and preparedness of the Operations team.
Ensure smooth new client transitions as we ‘on board’ these clients to Operations.
Coordinate system user testing and/or coordination of testing within the Operations department.
Oversee catastrophic events and drills.
Be responsible for Operation’s involvement in ‘process recovery projects’, effectively communicate and coordinate with clients and other Xceedance teams as needed.
Understand all products and services that Xceedance provides to its Operations customers and clients.
Work closely with VP of Sales and Director of Marketing as Operations consultant and subject matter expert.
This position is a full time Hybrid role located in Worcester MA.
This position may require up to 25% travel.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree Preferred or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in the Personal lines & Commercial insurance environment for Policy lifecycle Support.
• Proven ability to manage and mentor a large department through multiple managers to provide a high level of customer service and adherence to contractual Service Level Agreements.
• A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated senior management responsibilities and demonstrated operational management responsibilities.
• Strong and engaging ‘roll up the sleeves’ leader with experience running a sizable high performance operational team.
• Relevant leadership experience and ability to engage appropriate staffs.
• Demonstrated strong user knowledge of insurance systems software.
• A proven track record of exceptional dedication to provide high quality customer-oriented service.
• Demonstrated communications skills, both orally and in writing, and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• Must be detail oriented and have strong problem-solving skills in complex and dynamic scenarios.
• Show the ability to establish and build critical client relationships to constantly exceed service expectations.
• Ability to use independent judgment and creativity when applied to resolution of operational issues.
• Quick learner with a high degree of common sense and resourcefulness, ability to motivate staff, and to seamlessly provide prioritization of multiple urgent and ongoing tasks.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must be “tough” and compassion ate within the unique framework of Xceedance’s organizational culture.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments within the company, interact confidently with senior management of Xceedance’s customer base and vendor partners.
• Strong business orientation – a thoughtful approach to problem solving that balances customer service goals and profitability goals.
• Energetic, decisive, confident, hands-on personality with the ability to gain respect and influence others.
At Xceedance, we care about our team members and cultivate an environment that encourages learning opportunities to support our teammates development at all career junctures. Our Teammates enjoy working with a fun team of dedicated professionals who believe in a healthy work/life balance, as a teammate you will receive:
Paid Sick, Personal, Vacation Days
- Holiday Pay
- Full health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Bonus Potential
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
Xceedance provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.