Title: Policy Service Specialist
Department: Policy Services
Reports To: Policy Services Manager
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
This full-time position within the Policy Services team is responsible for the daily processing of customer payments and associated work. Verifying policy documents for completeness and accuracy and entering policy information, received via email, fax or mail, into client software. Support of the business units that require electronic conversion of customer transactions, research and validate undeliverable mail from the post office. The Policy Service Specialist will establish and build critical client relationships with a goal of constantly exceeding service expectations. It is critical that the candidate be a team player as well as being self-directed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurately and efficiently process high volumes of payments through our automated lockbox software as well as manually post payments
- Payment exception processing (unidentified check research, pay plan changes, NSFs, etc)
- Process third party credit card payment file
- Claims, commission and return premium check printing
- Contact customers and client companies regarding payments; policy processing, proper tracking, follow-up and escalation of issues as needed
- Data processing of endorsements on customer insurance policies
- Work with a variety of clients, adhering to specific standard requirements that vary according to the client’s needs for policy processing as well as internal departments
- Open, sort and deliver incoming mail, faxes and emails
- Scan and attach documents to proper work/document type
- Complete basic daily and monthly account reconciliation
- Understand and operate within client standard operating procedures
- Excellent typing and communication skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Detail oriented and able to multitask
- Financial Management
- Handle high volumes of work and procedural changes
- Decision making skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- A minimum of 2 years billing, accounts receivable or related experience is required, preferably in an insurance environment.
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- A successful candidate for this position will show the ability to establish and build critical client relationships, with a goal of constantly exceeding service expectations.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written, and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven success with producing highly accurate work product is needed.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, enjoy problem solving, think creatively, and able to handle a variety of tasks at the same time.
- Perform as a solid individual contributor with the ability to be a strong player, effective communicator in a fast paced, changing team environment.
- Team oriented as well as ability to work independently, prioritize and be proactive
- Mathematical aptitude is essential.
- Understand the workings of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Sitting 90%
- Computer Monitor Work 90%
- Keyboard and Computer Mouse Manipulation 90%
Xceedance provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.