Xceedance (www.xceedance.com) is a global provider of strategic consulting and managed services, technology, data sciences and blockchain solutions to insurance organizations. Domiciled in Bermuda, with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, India, and Australia, Xceedance helps insurers launch new products, drive operations, implement intelligent technology, deploy advanced analytic capabilities, and achieve business process optimization. The experienced insurance professionals at Xceedance enable insurers, reinsurers, brokers, and program administrators worldwide to enhance policyholder service, enter new markets, boost workflow productivity, and improve profitability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Job involves driving business results with your data-based insights
- work closely with a multi-disciplinary team specializing in science, engineering and statistics fields and a global client to translate the latest science and technology into industry solutions
- The successful candidate will be responsible to help us extract value from our data by developing models and solutions to help risk assessment from a variety of global perils
- You will lead all the processes from data collection, cleaning, and pre-processing, to training models and deploying them to production
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming, data modelling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to analyse large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions, and making valuable discoveries
- Identify/develop appropriate machine learning/data mining/text mining techniques to enable better business outcomes
- Work in close collaboration with clients / teams specializing in science, engineering and statistics disciplines
- Bring all your experience to the team, from the day 1, to ensure our business stays ahead of the industry
- Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners
- Document projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics
What you’ll bring to the team:
- You have 4-5 years of working experience in analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modelling, and data interpretation
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math, or other quantitative fields
- 4-5 years of working experience in analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modelling, and data interpretation
- Proven track record in modifying and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems
- Confident interacting with business peers to understand and identify use case, with a strong ability to articulate solutions and present them to business partners
- Strong coding skills in one of the following: Python, R, Spark, or equivalent
- Knowledge of NLP/Text mining techniques and related open source tools
- Hands-on experience implementing machine learning and data analytics solutions
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with distributed team, or with different kind of stakeholders like business teams, product teams
- Good to have understanding of Geospatial Datasets and processing
- Enthusiasm to understand business acumen / domain knowledge / processes
At Xceedance, people come first and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive working environment by encouraging free exchange of ideas, respect for differences, and well-being in the workplace for everyone. Your contributions contribute to our collective success as a global company.
We build engaged and motivated teams to challenge. Our USP is variety, which a part of our dynamic and interactive environment that makes each day new and exciting. We strive to introduce new experiences into our work life through our team member engagement, fun at work initiatives, and social activities inside and outside our organization.
We believe in and embrace our core values – perfection, honesty and collaboration. We encourage you to join our team and share in these values with us. We know these values will help define your work ethic and support our customers and the industry we serve.