Position: Business Development – USA
Title: Associate Vice President, Business Development
Reporting Structure: CEO & CBO
Job Location: East Coast
Role and Responsibilities
The primary role of the Associate Vice President, Business Development is to leverage the ChainThat brand to expand the client bases of ChainThat’s technology policy administration products in the USA for MGA’s and Carriers. The individual will be responsible for developing new business for the Company and be responsible for those clients going forward.
The role includes developing leads/opportunities, presenting, selling, account planning and contract negotiations all focused on achieving ChainThat’s targets for client base growth and revenue.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop relationships which drive sales opportunities focused on ChainThat’s policy administration technology products
- Execution, control and close of opportunities, as required including the use of the company CRM.
- Initiate and nurture business relationships with diverse Property/Casualty MGAs and carriers — by uncovering the strategic needs and challenges of insurance organizations, developing and leveraging those relationships to provide solutions to optimize and solve customers’ business problems and challenges based on the ChainThat products.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline by sourcing new opportunities for ChainThat through proactive networking, personal contact and other activities and communications.
- Identify key decision makers within prospect organizations and strategically connect with them to promote the services and products of ChainThat
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify, amplify and position ChainThat differentiators to drive positive sales outcomes.
- Lead discussions with compelling presentations to prospective clients, in conjunction with subject matter experts in support of your sales pursuit.
- Coordinate, prepare and submit proposals, RFPs and RFIs responses to prospects and clients.
- Provide input to the product roadmaps based on your observations and experiences with customer engagements.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Required a MBA or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience within the insurance sector, with a proven track record in business development.
- Detailed, practical understanding of insurance operations and in-depth knowledge of the various functional areas across underwriting and policy administration.
- Established connections within carrier/broker/MGA markets at decision making levels of the organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with abilities and experience to close deals.
- Strong insurance acumen.
- A confident presenter and self-starter.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time with occasional international trip.
- Base salary
- Commission Incentive Plan
- Full benefits package – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- Paid time off
Xceedance provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.